Thank you for visiting Eastern Mennonite School’s website. As you browse our site, you will see many happy faces; our students tend to enjoy learning and like one another.
Whether you are a prospective student, an alumnus or community member, I hope you find ease in your discovery of our web information. Better yet, plan a personal visit at your convenience as a way to learn more about our school community.
Come, be part of God’s work; at Eastern Mennonite we are:
- Academically focused – Our intentionally designed curriculum and instruction is based on understandings from brain-research and modified to meet the educational needs of every enrolled student.
- Christ centered – We are respectful of one another’s church traditions while nurturing Christian ethics as best practices for humanity as based on the example and teachings of Jesus.
- Community committed – Faculty, staff and parents work together to provide a safe place of acceptance, belonging and care for each student and one another.
- Peace builders – Together, we actively seeking to build positive relationships between all peoples through creative, respectful and nonviolent means.
- Globally-minded – Through curricular and trip opportunities, we grow student awareness in the complexities of the world, heighten sensitivity to the needs of the less fortunate, and express appreciation for the multitude of blessings we experience in the United States.
- Service engaged – Based on Jesus’ teaching toward others, we encourage student volunteerism, sharing of talent, and giving of resources within local, national and world communities.
For those who are already a Flame of Eastern Mennonite, thank you for making our school the place students live beyond success and toward significant!
Paul G. Leaman
Head of School