Eastern Mennonite School provides an excellent education that enables students to thrive after high school and make significant contributions as global citizens. Quality private education does have a financial cost, but our EMS families have found their children’s experience is well worth the investment. We anticipate that will be the case for your family too!
EMS is committed to affordable tuition for all families who desire Christian education. The cost of EMS education varies based on your family’s circumstances. Many of our families receive some type of tuition assistance, whether through financial aid, supporting churches, or alumni discount. We encourage you to contact our Director of Business Affairs, Mike Stoltzfus, at (540) 236-6040 to help with your financial planning options and questions if finances are a determining factor for enrollment at EMS.
Grades 9-12: $13,207 (modified tuition $10,831)
Grades 6-8: $12,290 (modified tuition $10,076)
Grades K-5: $6,849 (modified tuition $6,277)
*Note: Tuition is subject to change for the following school year.
Tuition reductions are listed below and applied in the following order as applicable:
1. Modified Tuition: Students who attend a church that financially supports Eastern Mennonite School, including Virginia Mennonite Conference congregations, receive a supporting church tuition discount. A list of supporting churches is available on the sidebar. Children of EMS alumni also receive this discount, unless they already qualify for the supporting church discount.
2. Multiple Children: EMS offers a multiple child tuition discount for families with three or more children enrolled at EMS. Please ask our Admissions Counselor for details.
Most costs connected to academic programs are included in tuition. Fees and incidental costs are listed below:
1. Student General Fee: Helps to cover student co-curricular expenses, yearbooks, textbooks, and technology. Grades 6-12 ($350). Grades K-5 ($305).
2. Capital Improvement Fee: Helps to pay for the financial costs of our most recent campus addition. Grades 6-12 ($350 per family).
3. Lunch (Middle and High School): $3.40 daily or annual pre-pay $578* (covers 180 lunches for the price of 170). A free and reduced lunch program is available for qualifying families. Contact
for more information. *Pre-pay lunch is required for international students. Elementary hot lunch options are available several times per week. Please contact 433-36367 for details and information on pricing.
4. Tutoring: Intensive individualized instruction is available and may be required for some students, with an additional cost of $925/quarter.
5. Driver’s Education: Available for 10th grade students for $335.
6. Transportation: Most students/families provide their own transportation to school or find rides with other students. EMS can assist in providing contact information of other students/families in your area for those interested in a possible carpool. Eastern Mennonite Elementary School Shuttle: $95/quarter 1 way, $190/quarter round trip. Transportation is also available to and from Waynesboro/Augusta County and from (mornings only) East Rockingham County and North Rockingham/Shenandoah Counties. Pricing varies depending on route. Please contact (540) 236-600 for details.
7. Co-curricular: EMS offers a variety of co-curricular and field experiences ranging in costs, such as E-Term, Discovery trips, Touring Choir, Senior trip, and occasional field trips. These opportunities are encouraged, but optional. Further details will be given in advance of the trips.
All families desiring financial aid must submit an application to Financial Aid for School Tuition (F.A.S.T.), an independent third party responsible for assessing financial need. Need-based tuition assistance is granted to families using a formula that takes into account family income, size, and other factors. F.A.S.T. requires completion of an online application, copies of tax forms, and a $38 non-refundable payment. To fill out F.A.S.T application, go to the link on the left side of the webpage.